Saturday, May 31, 2008

ASTRA Conference approaching

We've been members of ASTRA (The American Specialty Toy Retailers Association) for years, but I have never made it to one of their conferences before. The location of the conference moves each year, and is often out of reach for us. This year, however, it's going to be up in Connecticut. My sister-in-law lives in Providence, so I'm crashing there for several days to attend. I'm excited to go to a conference that's aimed directly at independently owned toy retailers. As much as I love Toy Fair, you frequently get the idea that you're not exactly the most important person there. (At one booth, the first question asked me was "you know our opening order minimum is $5,000, right?)

So, it should be good - there's featured speakers and presentations aimed for us little guys and a exhibit floor with 250 toy companies presenting their stuff. The conference runs June 22-25 and I will do my best to update the blog with new and interesting stuff.

No comments: