Saturday, May 31, 2008

Roger Goldyn 1943-2008

I'm sad to say that a Mitchell's icon has passed.

If you've shopped at Mitchell's anytime over the past 33 years, you've probably seen, met and talked to Roger Goldyn. Roger started work at Mitchell's in 1974 and managed our Ogletown store from 1974 until we moved it to Community Plaza. He managed the Community Plaza store the entire time it was open until we closed it in the mid-nineties. After that, Roger moved up to our Fairfax store, and he worked there until his death last week.

Personally, I first met Roger when I was eight years old - so I've known him the vast majority of my life. I worked daily with Roger over the past dozen years or so since he moved up here.

If you met Roger, you knew he had a wonderful sense of humor and loved his family. We consider Roger a part of our family and will miss him.

No comments: