Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Toy Fair 2009 is Almost Here

Each year in February, I head up to New York for the New York International Toy Fair. It's held at the mega huge Jacob Javits Center (Comic-con was in about 1/4 of it last week). It's our chance to check out the upcoming toys for 2009 - to see what's new from companies we've dealt with and what's interesting from ones we haven't. Emily and I are heading up for the second year (at Mitchell's, I'd go alone) and it should be an interesting Toy Fair - what with the economy, the new toy safety laws and all.

We're headed to the ASTRA 'Party With the Stars' event on Sunday night. We went last year, and it was a great time. Nothing like walking around FAO Schwartz (closed to the general public) with a drink in your hand.

Hopefully, I will be posting from New York on cool new toys - if not from New York, then when I get back.

No comments: