Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Magnetic toys leave a bad taste in the mouth

OK, bad pun. Magnets are taking over where lead left off. It finally occurred to people that swallowing one small magnet from a toy is really no big deal. I mean, you probably don't wanna do it, but it will come out in a day or two after a whirlwind tour of the kids digestive system.
Once a kid swallows a second magnet, then there's trouble. Magnets have a habit of attracting to each other and that tends to wreak havoc with your insides.

Mega Brands recalled 2.4 million magnet toys this week following 44 reports of magnets coming loose from their toys. This includes 1.3 million of the MagnaMan action figures (above).

The other 1.1 million recalled toys are from their Magtastik and Magnetix Jr. preschool magnetic toys line (right) following 19 reports of the magnets coming loose from these toys.

No comments: