With a nod to Rob Gordon at Championship Vinyl, here are my top five songs to paint the mens and women's bathrooms to in the middle of the night:
- Sequestered In Memphis - The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
The latest from The Hold Steady, steadily becoming one of my favorite bands
- Peace, Love and Happiness - G. Love and Special Sauce - Superhero Brother
Indeed, G, indeed.
- Do the Panic - Phantom Planet - Raise the Dead
Do, Do, DoDoDoDoDo...I dare you not to sing along.
- Look Out Sunshine - The Fratellis - Here We Stand
Positively Beatlesque. You can almost imagine they're doing an impression. Still, a rocker.
- Salute Your Solution - The Raconteurs - Consolors of the Lonely
One of my big regrets last year was not standing in line overnight to get tickets to see the White Stripes at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington. Sure, this isn't a White Stripes song, but I doubt the Raconteurs will be gracing our presence in Wilmington.