Thursday, October 9, 2008

The times, they are a changin'

Well, despite all the hoopla about YoYo Joe's, I still work at my family's store, Mitchell's. And today is, more-or-less, my last day. Mitchell's was originally scheduled to close tomorrow, although I think that the owners are going to extend that a bit to allow for us to sell as much of our remaining stock as possible.
The past several weeks have been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I worked at Mitchell's on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I was at YoYo Joe's Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday (and after the store closed on the other days). It was very hard to go from the shrinking stock at Mitchell's to the burgeoning stock at YoYo Joe's. The sad, depressing atmosphere at Mitchell's to the hopeful and exciting atmosphere at YoYo Joe's. Going from cleaning out my family's 55-year-old business to frantically trying to build up my own has been difficult on many levels. Although I'm very excited about starting my own store, deep in my heart I wish I didn't have to.

No comments: